•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Saturday 18 April 2009

Review: Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine


Title: Midnight Alley
Author: Rachel Caine
Series: The Morganville Vampires
Book #: 3
Pages: 256
Reading Level: YA
Book Rating: 
Published: Oct 2nd, 2007
by NAL Jam

They're going to have fun...Even if it kills them. Again.

Claire Danver's college town may be run by vampires, but a truce between the living and the dead made things relatively safe. For a while. Now people are turning up dead, a psycho is stalking her, and an ancient bloodsucker has pruposed private mentoring. To what end, Claire will find out. This is gonna give night school a whole new meaning.


Taschima's POV:

I have not had so much trouble finishing a VAMPIRE book in my life. I mean the story in the beginning leaves a lot to be desired, and it only starts getting good AT THE VERY END. The only parts I could say I really enjoyed where the parts where Myrnin, the vampire tutor, appeared. Now he was interesting. 

Another thing is I have a big problem with Shane. For being the main characters boyfriend, I think she can do a lot better. He is just not that interesting to tell you the truth. I mean I get that he hates the vamps, and that he has to be tough, but ugh, I dont know, I dont see Claire with this guy. Claire seemed, at least to me, to have a better connection with Myrnin! Isnt that crazy! Some of the time I have a problem with other characters, like for example Claire, but that is just sometimes.  Then again, the ending shows some promise, but I wont keep my hopes up, and it is not on top of my "To Do" list. Sorry Rachel Caine.

Favorite quote of the book? Monica looks at a girl who is badly dressed and says: "Somewhere in heaven, Versace sheds a single, perfect tear."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...