•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Thursday 16 July 2009

An Authors Whisper Part II

I have been so busy lately. Like I have 3 interviews in the back burner. I will start posting them on Thursdays! When I do have interviews ^^

I had a part 2 interview with Tonya Hurley, author of Ghostgirl & Ghostgirl: Homecoming. If you want to read Part 1 of the interview just click here.

The first interview was all about Tonya's first book Ghostgirl, and some extra questions for fun. This interview however is for Tonya's second novel Ghostgirl: Homecoming. If you wish to read my review for both books just click on the review bottoms on top- I love them, as you shall.

Followers: What is Ghostgirl: Homecoming about Taschima?

Me: Am I hearing voices?

Followers: No...

Me: Oh, ok, well it's about...

Heaven couldn't be a phone bank, could it?

Charlotte Usher discovers that the afterlife isn't quite what she pictured when she's forced to intern at a hotline for troubled teens. Before she can officially cross over, she'll have to be a source of guidance for one such teen. The problem is she doesn't have much advice to offer since dying hasn't exactly boosted her confidence level.

But when Hawthorne High's leading, love-to-hate cheerleader Petula and her gothic little sis' Scarlet find themselves suddenly resting-in-peace in comas, Charlotte's opportunity to save them will prove to be the risk of a lifetime-for all of them.

Me: ... and that's it.

So now go and look for the popcorn, maybe even a tootsie roll, and let's get this show on the road!

Where did you get your idea of heaven? Or is it limbo?

· We all have an idea of what heaven is or isn't, but none of us know for sure. That's what made these stories so much fun to write. I imagined it as a being a lot like life in these books. A place
where there was a still work to be done, on yourself and for others. Kind of the opposite of the rest in peace vision, I guess.

Charlotte seems to go back to square one at the beginning of this book. Is it because she died at 17 that she cannot grow past her inner doubts?
· Well, I think that old habits die hard. There are a lot of levels to a person and it doesn't take much for those old insecurities to creep up and rear their ugly heads.

When I read this book it reminds me a little of The Picture of Dorian Gray, because like Dorian, Charlotte is forever young. And also like Dorian, she may never grow old, nor wiser. Have you read The Picture of Dorian Gray?

· I love Oscar Wilde and it is a great novel. It’s unbelievably flattering to be compared to him! Both books deal with issues of vanity and immortality. One bit difference I think is that Charlotte’s predicament is the result of an accident. Dorian Gray’s was a conscious choice.

Why is the book titled Homecoming?

· It summed up the book for me. Not only does the book end with a high school Homecoming, but Charlotte has one of her own.

Where do you get the ideas for each quote of the book?

· There are certain quotes that I have in mind as I begin writing each book. As the story unfolds, many others suggest themselves. I try to choose ones that have some relevance to the story, but also to me.

Petula impressed me in this book! Will we get to see more of her giving side?

· Stay tuned!

Can you give us a sneak peak at the third book? is it the last?
*waiting impatiently for the gossip*

· The third book is mostly about love. How it can do strange things to you, in good and bad ways. Is it the last? You never know, but I sure hope not!

Me: Aw, No sneak peak =[

Any other projects on your mind?

· I am always working on something. Right now, I'm putting the finishing touches on book three. I am also kicking around some new ideas for ghostgirl and finishing up a screenplay that I’ve been working on since before ghostgirl.

With that Tonya and I concluded our interview having a food fight/war, and eating delicious cake. I personally was not a fan of this book, but every reader have their own style, as every writer does also. I say give it a chance and go with the odds.

If you want to know more about Tonya, or the series, go to her official page.

Now let's conclude with a more random note... I want chinese food!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great interview! It is cool how you have a part two to this!

    Oo now I want chinese food!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I really enjoyed this interview. Now I really want to start reading this author's work.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Have a great weekend! If you would like to see them, my Friday Fill in can be found HERE!

    And here's my Friday Find

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...