•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Sunday 21 December 2014

To Keep or not to Keep


That is the question. Right now I'm looking at my 'read' shelf and I'm thinking to myself, why do I feel the need to keep all these books after I have already read them? Well, I answer to myself, there are lots of reasons why. Like for example...

Reason number 1, To Re-Read. When you have nothing else to do, if you are bored, or maybe only because you have forgotten something important of the plot. Seems like a great reason to me. I want to re-read Harry Potter so badly. But I have all this other books to read so, it's kind of difficult. So, If you are not going to re-read them, why keep them?

Which leads us to reason number 2, Sentimental Value. Some books you have had since you were a toddler and you just don't want to let them go. Or some remind you of some part of your life that you just can't let go. Want and need. Need and want. You get the drill.

But what if you don't want them for any of these two reasons? Which could possibly be another reason to keep all these books?

Aesthetics. This is reason number 3. They just look so pretty! And whenever you are doing nothing you just can turn your head in the direction of your bookcase and just by the spine remember the story that is inside. Kind of cool. I do this exercise all the time. That way I won't forget what each story is about. Or get confused with the stories. Cause there are a whole bunch of stories and only one gal.

So people, to keep or not to keep? I say to keep! I love having my books. For all these 3 reasons. Call me book greedy, I do not care. I loves my books! ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...