•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Wednesday 23 December 2009

On Today's Episode...


...Of Smallville it was about recovering repressed, or just lost, memories. So I was discussing this with a special friend of mine and I figured I would want to know my repressed memories. Who knows, maybe they will help me in some form. Remember people I have forgotten. Or even where did I lost that super big Gameboy.

All I'm saying is wouldn't it be neat? To remember things that happened to you but that you don't really know anymore? Well my friend said no. Because, he said, what if you remember that person but you can't reach her/him? That would suuuuck. And I think that is true. But even if you can't reach that person it would be nice to know they existed and that they held some sort of importance. I think it's sad when sometimes you forget people.

Also what if you remember something excruciatingly painful? That is sometimes the main reason you suppress something. But I think I would still want to know. I think. I don't know. Ugh!

What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. As someone who's memory often times is less wonderful than I wish it was, I would like to remember a lot more than I do. I do have a tendency to repress anything at all unpleasant, it was something I started when I was young, but now it kicks in a little to easily. I think all things can be learned from, even the bad things. Now I just need to remember them to learn from them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd want to remember. It is sad to forget things, or to remember things the wrong way. I think sometimes if there's a really painful memory, we tend to fix it in our minds. Like lying to ourselves that it actually happened a different way. Anyways, I'd want to remember because I think that our past and experiences help us become the people we are today. So wouldn't it be sad to forget someone who really influenced your life in a strong way? Even if it's a painful and negative memory, I think I'd want to remember. It's still a part of me. But then again, I'm not sure. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Smallville! Anyways...

    You've got a shot at making the Top 10 Best Blogs of 2009 at Mindful Musings! Please stop by and check out THIS POST. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it depends on the situation and who and what happened that you want to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I LOVE SMALLVILLE. Probably one of the best shows ever!

    I wish I could remember those memories I can't remember, even if they are excruciatingly painful and such. Because the truth hurts, doesn't it? I'd have to face it. And then from there, I'd learn what I did wrong, if I did anything wrong...

    This is such a good idea for a story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'd rather remember the things in my past, even if they were bad.

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...