•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Teaser Tuesday


"Maybe I knew deep down ho crappy they looked, how easily they'd unravel if you just picked at one for a bit. Like Mum. I don't even know why I was down by the river. I mean, I'm eight, and I find her? Like, I'm on my own? The river's a good ten minutes walk from our house.

But it doesn't make sense. She wouldn't have taken me with her. You don't kill yourself in fron of your eight year old son."
Pg. 3

I haven't really gotten into it yet, then again I have only read this far away.

The summary of the book sounds interesting though!

Summary:

London teenager Will Hodge is miserable. His mother is dead, his father’s political leanings have grown radical, and his friends barely talk to him. To top it off, he’s having nightmares about things like concentration camps. Then Will notices he's being followed by a group of people who claim to know him from another time in history. It turns out they are Returners, reincarnated people who carry with them the memory of atrocities they have witnessed in the past. Will realizes that he, too, is a Returner.

But something about his memories is different, and with dawning horror, Will suspects that he wasn’t just a witness to the events, he was instrumental in making them happen. Set in the near future, with the world on the verge of a new wave of ethnic cleansing, Will must choose to confront the cruelty he's known in his past lives, or be doomed to repeat it . . . again.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I have this book in my TBR pile. Definitely an interesting teaser. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your thoughts...it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this book when you finish it! the premise sounds amazing to me as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm interesting teaser. I look forward to your review though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a big fan of reincarnation stories. But I must admit, this looks interesting. The cover looks creepy, though. Like zombies walking forward or something. Eeeek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's one chilly teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser!! Here is mine: http://emmamichaels.blogspot.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesday_26.html
    Thanks for adding in the summary by the way. I love knowing a bit more about the book. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, you have The Returners? I've really been wanting to read this one girl! Awesome teaser! :D

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...