•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Tuesday 9 March 2010

Teaser Tuesday

And Falling, Fly by Skyler White.

"I strike again. My mind deepens and I drink the flood of images and moments that aren't mine across my tongue.Her mother- black hair, outdated clothes, a lover, a wasteland, a child. The sweet blood dreams. I drink her, am her. I am open to the whole thrum of thought and life and desire, of things made and things dreamed, of each person unique, each droplet alone in its current. And none of them mine."
Pg. 35

This is turning out to be quite the Gothic novel. And what surprised me is that this is a YA book but it has some clear Adult tones to it. There are naked people, though they aren't having sex; they are displaying the people so that the vampires can choose them and then hunt them. Weird uh? But quite original. At least I had not read a book with this train of thought before. I will keep reading it and then tell you how it goes.

**Edit: Just received an email from the author and this is not YA. Which clears up a lot of stuff so, yay!!

11 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I've got this on my tbr list so can't wait to hear more about it!

    Here's my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting teaser and what lush language! I will be eager to read your review. I have been debating with myself about getting this book.

    My Tuesday Teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! I have this one on my tbr list! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like reading about what vampire experience during the drinking of someone elses blood. Great teaser!

    My teaser is up at Find the Time to Read

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll admit I'm intrigued now. I wait for your final judgement before I put this on my list :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this book so bad!! the girl so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book's cover is what got my attention at first. I love how it's all dark, with the whole sword and awesome outfit thing. I've added it to my TBR pile, and I'm really excited to read it. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. WANT!!!! I want this one really badly. I love the title and it sounds soooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really good! Great teaser :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teaser! I was going to say...the cover is too sexy for YA lol :D
    kghobbs(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...