•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Teaser Tuesday x2


"Phoenix, it's me. Where are you? I need to see you.
When he holds me in his arms my heart steadies. It's the only time I feel I'm home.
If I carry your secret much longer, I'll fall apart. Tell Hunter, tell the others, I can't do this alone."
Pg. 5

"I struggled. There was no use. He lifted me out of there like I was a rag doll, then dumped me in the scrub-land at the side of the road. I staggered back against the rough surface of a granite rock.
"Real cool car," the buddy int he background said. He was carrying a steel bar that I hadn't seen until then. "Yeah- it's a freaking shame."
Now my heart felt as if it had broken through my chest and was pounding up in my throat, making me gag with fear. Kyle Keppler gave the other guy a signal and I heard the metal bar whack into the hood of my car.
"That could be your skull," Keppler told me, pressing me hard against the boulder. "Jeez, what a mess."
Pg. 162-163
Finished reading this book yesterday, but won't post my review till October because that's when it's coming out.


"She fixed me with a serious gaze. I hadn't looked at the website. Eeep. But praise be for the hateful man in Starbucks, I did know what a blogger was.
"Well, I'm going through a pretty one-of-a-kind situation right now," I started.
"One-of-a-kind has no appeal to my readers," she said, already looking away at her flat screen monitor and wheeling her mouse.
"Well, one-of-a-kind in a way, but in another way, it's something every girl has gone through," I blagged. "I've split up with my boyfriend of ten years and now I'm dating for the first time."
"Go on," she said, still looking away, but the wheeling had stopped.
"Well, I found out he was cheating on me at my friend's wedding, made a bit of a scene and then sort of ran away to New York," I explained quickly, "And now I'm dating. Two men. A banker and this guy in a band." I had to admit, I thought it sounded pretty bloody interesting. Probably even more so if you weren't having to go through it yourself."
Pg. 126
My current read. Main reason I picked it up? The title and cover, luv at first sight.

4 comments:

  1. great teasers - I totally want to read I Heart New York. I also love that title and cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any idea how envious I am that you've not only read Arizona, but you have your own copy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the teasers. They both look like they'll make good reads ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Beautiful Dead teaser caught me right away. I passed over this book in the store last week, but now I might read it.

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...