•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Tuesday 22 November 2011

I have a thing for...Covers that look cartoonish. (Plus: Deadlocked; Sookie Stackhouse #12)

They are just plain delightful. Some people hate them to no end, I just happen to love them, and any book I see with a cover like this I have the irresistible urge to pick up and read, which is how I ended up reading Charlaine Harris, Nicole Peeler, Tate Hallaway (yes, she doesn't just write Young Adult Vampire Novels, she also writes Adult)...

Shear Murder  Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)

(Any cover of any book by Charlaine Harris essentially)

Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) Tall, Dark  &  Dead (Garnet Lacey, #1)

Kiss & Hell (Hell, #1) Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1)

I can't freaking wait to get my hands on one or two of Dakota Cassidy's books,
they sound like so much freaking fun!

The Accidental Werewolf (Accidental Friends, #1) Accidentally Dead (Accidental Friends, #2)

Speaking of such covers, the new cover for the new Sookie Stackhouse novel is out (finally, this book is taking forever) and here it is:

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12)

The summary, unfortunately, is minuscule at the moment...

"From Charlaine's blog, Sookie gets kidnapped and a character (a man) that Charlaine thought was dead, isn't."

But at least some process is being done! Hallelujah!

Anyways, what is really funny about this type of covers is that they are all essentially Adult books! In YA they use flashy amazingly done covers, and in Adult they use silly type girls-just-want-to-have-fun covers. Maybe some YA books should catch on to this trend, I would so pick up any YA book with a fun cartoonish cover!

Would you pick up any of these books basing your judgement solely on the cover and title (which is often hilarious as well)? That's how I picked up Dead Until Dark, and I thank my lucky stars for that!

PS; Little late on posting right? Oh well, content over quantity I say!

PPS; please, ladies and gentlemen, don't forget to vote.to.your.left. on the polls! It would really be so nice of you, extra brownie points to anyone who has done so and everyone that will do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...