•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Bookish Question: Do You Have Times When...

You finish a book you really liked and then you just don't know what the hell to pick up next. You have an idea of what mood you are in, but you just can't seem to pick up something and commit to it. That's where I am right now. I finished Divergent by Veronica Roth (liked it) and I had this poll where I asked you guys what I should pick up next. It was between Juliet Immortal and The Pledge. The Pledge won, but after I considered it I realized I needed a small break from dystopian (if I read about another messed up society right now I might just not like it that much). I considered reading Just Listen by Sarah Dessen (because I've had it for forever and well everybody seems to love her books... I am a Sarah Dessen virgin -Hello! I am a supernatural girl and Sarah writes contemporary, not that surprising I haven't read anything by her), and then I considered going ahead and reading Lost In Time by Melissa De La Cruz (even though I am debating on waiting on it so I can re -read the entire series). And this is really horrible because before this block happened I was in a great place, reading book after book after book.

And now I am lost. Don't know what to pick... and I went to Books a Million today in the hopes of buying J.R.Ward's new book Lover Reborn (bought it, just not on Books a Million because it was about $30 there. Amazon for $16... I am a poor college student) instead I got The Carrie Diaries (YA sex and the city? I am in), Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side, WTF? How to survive 101 of Life's Worst F-ing Situations, and OMG! Guys-How to Survive 101 of the Most F'ed Dating Situations (HILARIOUS! Me and my friend couldn't stop laughing). I am not helping my situation by buying even MORE books, but I can feel happy that I have these at my disposal to choose from.

I think right now (at least now until Lover Reborn gets here by mail because I am SOOO hitting that) I am in the mood for some romance, maybe with witty banter, and a hot male lead (sans dystopian). Any suggestions? And have you guys ever been in my situation? What did you do to snap out of it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...