•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Would You Read Me? Don't Judge a Book by It's Cover (8)

And the book cover from last week's summary is...

Dance of Shadows
Such a beautiful cover, and a fantastic summary. A definite win!
Let's play another little game shall we? I am going to give you guys a summary of a book that may or may not sound good (you be the judge) but I am not going to give you an image to accompany the book. This way we can find out if you would read it or not even if the image of the book sucks a lot.

We were only three angry girls, to begin with. Alix, the hot-tempered surfer chick; Stephanie, the tree-hugging activist; and me, Meg, the quiet foster kid, the one who never quite fit in. We hardly knew each other, but each of us nurtured a burning anger: at the jerks in our class, at our disappointing parents, at the whole flawed, unjust world.

We were only three angry girls, simmering uselessly in our ocean-side California town, until one day a mysterious, beautiful classmate named Ambrosia taught us what else we could be: Powerful. Deadly. Furious.
So, now, all you have to do is say if you would read it or not!
(Yes or no will suffice if you don't wanna write a lot)
Next Wednesday I will post a new summary with no image,
I will also post the cover and book information of this week.

Would I read this book? I think so. It's kind of a so so, if I get the book I'll read it, if not it may just fall through the cracks. I mean, the voice of the character seems strong from that little blurb so that interests me.

PS; If you know the name, image or whatever of this book do not say anything. Don't give any sort of information away please.

8 comments:

  1. Last weeks blurb was just eh... but look at that cover...gorgeous.

    This weeks blurb didn't do anything for me, I can't wait to see the cover though.

    This is a fun meme by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The description sounds like it could be a book on the Furies. I would like to see how it is done - I'm curious about mythological retellings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this feature so much! I would read the new book you posted. Sounds really good, but now I'm also super curious about the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd definitely give it a read. I've read… well, lets just say more books than is probably wise, just because of a striking cover. And that is a very, very striking cover.

    P.S. If anyone's interested in reading one man's struggle with the most popular YA series ever written, come for a visit here…
    http://blacksheep20.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meh... No, I don't think I would read this either (I wasn't interested in last weeks book). It sounds like a group of three whiny girl :/ Not my thing. Although, gorgeous cover for last week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm quite sure I've read this blurb before although I can't remember what the title is and I know that I want to read it for the simple fact that there is a MC named Stephanie and I can't resist books with my name in them, especially so prominently featured.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this cover is just amazing! But the blurb was not that good...
    But this book sounds like a good one, especially because the twist seems interesting.

    Actually I think this is a really good idea, because it shows how much we as readers are affected by covers. i would have never guessed that I am so affected.
    Would you mind if I steal this idea for my own little book blog?

    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I would read it, but I want to see the cover :p

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...