•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Thursday 27 June 2013

Review: Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy) by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2)
Title: Sweet Peril
Author: Wendy Higgins
Series: The Sweet Trilogy
Book #: 2
Pages: 371
Reading Level:YA
Book Rating: Photobucket
Goodreads Rating: 4.43
Published: April 30th, 2013.

Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?

Taschima's POV:

"Traveling the world in search of possibly hostile Neph and eluding murderous Dukes seemed like a piece of cake in comparison to trying to be a good girl in the arms of Kaidan Rose"

description

Holy damn. Sweet Mercy is what this book should have been called. I am not going to lie, this is a hot piece of novel. Be beware: this book is prone to make the person reading take short and shallow breaths. But there are as many pros as there are cons, sad to say.

Let's get the cons out of the way first. Big con? The ending. I felt like the book ended not on a cliffhanger but on the wrong page. Like we needed at least 30-50 pages more to settle the characters in the next stage instead of leaving us midway through. Not cool. I didn't feel like my heart was being ripped away from me (like the first book's ending) but I also didn't feel like it was an ending. Just, another chapter. Another thing was the plot a bit shallow. As deep as a kiddie pool. I can't lie, doesn't mean I didn't devour the novel (I did) but I can still point out where it felt short. The whole book's time span was a year and some months. We went through Anna's senior year like it didn't matter, because I get for the story it didn't but it was still weird. How did this girl graduate anyways? Who knows with all the pretend partying she was doing and the not caring about her school life anymore. It all went by so fast, nothing of her "old life" was really explored. Her old friends were basically pushed to a corner and most of the time she was being all mopie about not having Kai with her (though I can completely understand).

Which brings us to the PROS. Number one, front and center, being Kaidan.

description

description

Hellooooo handsome!! Yes, that is my Kaidan too. The scenes between him and Anna are not for the faint of heart. Let's give you a small, tiny, example:

"Kaidan took a predatory step toward me and I instinctually stepped back. In that slow way he stalked forward until I was agaisnt the sink. The intensity of his face charged me, and I swore to myself I'd kill any creature that tried to come between us this time. His hands reached out and gripped the sink on either side of my waist, and without a word his hot mouth covered mine."

description

It felt like more than half the book was filled with these hot steamy scenes. Which I was definitely not complaining about!

I wanted to learn more about Blake, he is my second favorite. Maybe we could get a side story from him or something? God I hope so. All the old pals were here too, the twins, Kope, etc. I like all the side characters, they add a lot to the story.

So yes Sweet Peril was a good continuation! It has it's flaws true, but you certainly get what you are looking for between the pages. Anna wasn't as much of a good girl, which was a plus. Kaidan was as devastatingly gorgeous, and Wendy made half the book a big make out fest. What more can a girl ask for?! Guilty pleasure? Perhaps, but I am enjoying every second of it.

My last wish: can we get that whole day in Kaidan's apartment from Kai's POV? PLEASE?!?!

Other books in the series:

1st Book
PS; Remember to enter my contest for a copy of Dream Thieves (the Raven Boys #2) by Maggie Stiefvater!

PPS; Google Reader is unfortunately closing soon so if you wish to get more updates be sure to follow by BlogLovin' or RSS Feed. Both options are on your left side for your convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...