•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Saturday 1 February 2014

Review: The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) by Richelle Mead

The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)
Title: The Fiery Heart
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Bloodlines
Book #: 4
Pages: 438
Reading Level: YA
Book Rating: Photobucket
Goodreads Rating: 4.46
Published: Nov. 19th, 2013

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her. . . .

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.

Taschima's POV:

 description

How have I not reviewed this title? I guess the ending left me so traumatized the only way to cope was to put it off. To be honest I never start a Bloodlines novel with many expectations or much excitement. In my mind Rose and Dimitri are the only couple that really matters in the VA world so after a while I kind of forget why I exactly like the Bloodlines series (or why I keep reading it). That is, until I pick up the next novel and find myself not being able to let it go. Every single book is addicting and a page turner. The Fiery Heart as usual doesn't let the reader down, if anything it manages to up the stakes even more and leave it's readers with a sense of anxiety that can't be quenched until the next novel is safely on our hands.

This book is special. It is the first book in which we get to see Adrian's side of the story. For Adrian shippers this book will be heaven... or hell. In it you get to really get to look deep into Adrian's soul and truly see the things he goes through and has to deal with every single day. It is a little like being inside Lissa's mind, only it isn't because while their problems are similar they have completely different ways to go about them. Adrian equally suffers and is overjoyed in this novel, to see him struggle against his many addictions is an eye opening experience.

Sydney on the other side is more confident, but even she buckles under the pressure of her desire. The normally once polished and straight faced girl from the Vampire Academy days is slowly fading away and in her place is a passionate headstrong woman with convictions. I always like Sydney and have always said that she is more approachable than Rose ever was, but in this title she truly will knock your socks off.

The side characters are as always slightly annoying, but not as annoying as in previous titles. Jill is getting better, though she still is dealing with teenage angst and drama (kill me now). Eddie is still a headstrong sweetheart, and Angela is managing to make it to my good graces (she is just unknowingly funny with all her comments and actions). The one that takes the crown for most hated sister in the world in this title is Zoe, Sydney's little annoying sister. I wanted to strangle the child, as I am pretty sure everyone who has read the book wants to do so as well.

 description

description

The ending... THE ENDING. I mean I had to step away from the title because I just couldn't believe it. Well, to be honest I could cause I saw it coming but at the same time it still left me open mouthed. The things people do for their own sakes as well as for oblivious believes... I cannot wait to read the next title. Even if I forget for a while why exactly I want to continue the Bloodlines series Richelle Mead always manages to bring me back and want the next book even more fiercely. Kudos! Now where is my BOOK?

3 comments:

  1. I just finished VA series and not sure if I want to start Bloodlines. I'll probably take a break before I do. I just want to make sure that it's something new and at the same time has aspects from the beginning of the VA series that I loved so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this book for christmas and absolutely loved it. Great review thanks for sharing. Good Books To Read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I agree with you on regards to Zoe although I want to strangle their father more. Seriously, what kind of father rejoices at the sight of his daughters fighting? Anyway, glad you enjoy the book. Waiting for SS seems forever.

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...