•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Wednesday 2 April 2014

So I started reading The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa...


"So, I's guessing these meatsacks are either the luckiest sons of bitches to ever walk the earth, or that house is going to have a few nasty surprises waiting for us." With a snort, he pushed himself off the reailing, shaking his head. "Course, it's not going to matter either way. I'm still going to eat them. How much is going to depend on how seriously they piss me off by the time I get there.

I growled at him, the monster rearing up in protest. "You'd better not kill them all," I said coldly, making him raise an eyebrow. "At least not until I'm done. Find your own human to feed on. I'm not sharing this time."

"Oh, sister," Jackal mocked, pretending to wipe away a tear. "Listen to you, sounding just like a real vampire. I'm so proud."

So the beginning of Forever Song is real dark. Allison has gone over to the dark side, She only cares about avenging Zeke's death, and doesn't matter what kind of monster she will have to become in order to fulfill her quest of vengeance. The beginning does a good job of showing Allison in denial, we are witnesses to what she could become if she is not strong enough to face her problems. And of course Jackal doesn't help, he encourages her and acts as the devil in her shoulder, while Kanin plays the part of the very lazy disapproving white angel. Soon enough though she stops moping around and acting like a cold bitch, it just takes a little bit of time. I cannot wait until Allison realizes that the person who has left that trail of bodied in his wake is none other than Zeke... That is going to be oh so dramatic.

Current status: Too soon to tell, but enjoying it immensely!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this book a lot. I'm kind of hoping that you are as well. I liked the dark tone of this book.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...