•- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -♥- -•

Bloody Bookaholic's Commandment:

Thou Shall Read Till Thy Eyes Bleed

Thursday 1 January 2015

YA List: Top 15 for '15

2014 was a good year for books, true, but 2015 will be an EVEN BETTER YEAR. Don't ask me how I know, maybe I managed to get some powers from all the supernatural books I read (though sadly doubtful), I just do. For one Golden Son (Pierce Brown) is out next week (YESSSSSSS!) and Mime Order (Samantha Shannon) is out at the end of the month (DOUBLE YESSS!) but I have so many books in my Wishlist it is a little daunting. Anyways, here is a list of the books I am dying to get my hands on this year (mix of both sequels and new novels).


Golden Son (Red Rising Trilogy, #2)
Golden Son (Red Rising Trilogy, #2) by Pierce Brown
Expected publication: January 6th 2015

The sequel to Red Rising is nothing to trifle with... this is SERIOUS business we are talking about here. I don't want to give away any spoilers (just in case you somehow had the bad luck to miss this one) so if you want to read a summary click on the link which shall take you to its Goodreads page. I LOVED Red Rising and am getting all my friends to read it. It is simply too good to pass.
The Mime Order (The Bone Season, #2)
Expected publication: January 27th 2015

I feel like I've been waiting for The Mime Order my entire life... Or at least a whole year. Which I have. The Bone Season was slow to start but by the end i was entranced. It helps that the male protagonist reminded me of Dimitri from Vampire Academy. That always helps. 



Red Queen (Red Queen, #1)

Expected publication: February 10th 2015

I may be terrible, but I am so into that cover. I would fricking get a poster of this cover and put it on my wall. There is something about a red blooded girl standing up agaisnt their "superior" silver blooded race, and hidden power, and yada yada yada, but just LOOK at that cover... Hey, I'd give it a shot!




The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)
Expected publication: February 10th 2015

The last of the Bloodlines series... I am dying a little inside. I wonder what Richelle Mead will do next in the YA universe. I still vote she continues the series from Lissa's POV. It is the only thing that makes sense (probably not, but I am not ready to let even glimpses of Dimitri go!).




A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic, #1)
Expected publication: February 24th 2015

Victoria Schwab always comes up with the most unique/interesting concepts for her novels. I don't know why exactly I haven't read her novels before, but I sure as hell going to now! A traveler who goes between parallel universes as an ambassador and smuggles shit for a living? Sign me up!





Expected publication: March 3rd 2015

...That's all.

Expected publication: April 28th 2015

"Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told."

I need no more information/I am a cover whore and that cover will look DIVINE in my collection.

Crimson Bound



Expected publication: May 5th 2015

Another retelling? Aren't we ALL getting sick of those? Perhaps, but this one has gotten good reviews so far, sounds like a bad ass story, and the main character seems like the kind of chick I could see myself admiring. Before reading this one though I have to read Cruel Beauty, so this one is a two-fer.


A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)


Expected publication: May 5th 2015

Sarah J. Maas is the author of the Throne of Glass series, a high fantasy series that has captured my heart at knife point. I am 100% sure Sarah J Maas is capable of the impossible, even writing a good retelling of Beauty and the Beast.



The Stars Never Rise (Untitled Series, #1)

Expected publication: June 9th 2015

Rachel Vincent is perhaps an acquired taste. I was so so about her Soul Screamer series until like the 3rd book, then I went cuckoo puffs over it. So now she has my trust, and is on the instant buy list like Richelle Mead, Sarah J Maas, Pierce Brown, etc. Oh, I also read a little preview she published of this book and it sounds freaking FANTASTIC. If you don't want to instantly buy the book after reading that preview, well get out.



The Leveller (The Leveller, #1) Ink and Bone (The Great Library, #1) The Nightmare Charade (The Arkwell Academy, #3)
Expected publication: June 23rd 2015

Expected publication: July 7th 2015

Expected publication: August 4th 2015

The Leveller: "Nixy Bauer is a self-made Leveller. Her job? Dragging kids out of virtual reality and back to their parents in the real world. It’s normally easy cash, but Nixy’s latest mission is fraught with real danger, intrigue, and romance." After my favorite series, Insignia, ended this past year I need my fix of good sci-fi, so while S. J. Kincaid is doing her thing and doing a new series I might as well occupy my time with this fantastic sounding book.

Ink and Bone: written by the great Rachel Caine author of the Morganville Series... say no more. She is also trying to re-write history, bringing the Library of Alexandria back to life and making possessing books forbidden (Fahrenheit 451, anyone?). I cannot wait for this book, I love her story telling abilities.

The Nightmare Charade: "Sixteen-year-old Dusty Everhart breaks into houses late at night, but not because she’s a criminal. No, she’s a Nightmare. Literally. Dusty is a magical being who feeds on human dreams." I am freaking depressed that this series is ending ALREADY. Only 3 books? That is so 2000's. At least give me 5!

The Veil (Devil's Isle, #1) Carry On
The Veil (Devil's Isle, #1) Chloe Neill
Expected publication: August 4th 2015 

Expected publication: October 6th 2015

The Veil: Chloe Neill is the author of the Chicagoland Vampires series, which is actually really good. Sure The Veil doesn't sound so different from other novels according to the summary, but from previous books I've read by Chloe Neill I think she will give it her own charm and spin.

Carry On: I cannot believe Rainbow Rowell is actually writing this book! The story of Simon was a story inside the book Fangirl, from which the main character used to write fan fiction of. I always thought Simon was in the world of Fangirl was Harry Potter is to us so I cannot wait to read it!


Like I said, this year is looking to be an exciting one!

3 comments:

  1. Red Queen is amazing as the cover is. I can't wait for Ruby Circle. Hodge's covers are gorgeous, but I just wish I had liked Cruel Beauty more. :/ Cheers to 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ruby Circle and Crimson Bound are two books I desperately need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already got The Ruby Circle and Carry On pre-ordered (actually, seeing your post made me go on Amazon real quickly to make that pre-order because I hadn't realized it was coming out this year so thank you for that!). I cannot wait to get my hands on The Ruby Circle especially...I'm already pining for it but at the same time I'm sad because I don't want the series to end.

    ReplyDelete

Read your opinion, I want. Leave a comment, you shall.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...